May 24, 2008

the philosophy of teaching

Actually, teaching nowadays has undergone many changes, especially, the way students deal with sources of information. Our students are growing more and more reliant on technology mainly the internet. However, I think that our student actually misuse this genuine technology. Usually, teachers ask their students to make short researches on some given topics. But the students surf on the internet and just extract pages. They do not try to add a personal touch. Sometimes, they do not bother themselves to check if these pages are really related to the topics of their research. They do not try even to add any touch of their own. I think the internet has promoted the students passivity and reliance on others to provide them with ready made information. Actually, I do not stand against the use of the internet. However, I do believe that our students need to work on their individual capacities. We as teachers, we have to work on developing their self-esteem, so that to encourage their attempt to construct their own knowledge

No comments: